Volunteer With Your Small Group.
These service opportunities are perfect for small groups or families.
Community Impact partners with 30+ ministries that are serving Greater Austin children, teens, adults, and senior citizens across socioeconomic classes. We encourage Hill Country Bible Church members to volunteer and lend their skill sets to serve those in need through these ministries and our special events. The following opportunities are specifically geared towards small groups and families, allowing them to serve together.
Volunteer with your Small Group at one of these Community Impact Ministries:
- Backpack Attack (August event): HCBC, HCBC Leander, For the Children, and local businesses to provide school supplies and backpacks for economically disadvantaged elementary & middle school students. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Education Connection: Participate in a city-wide effort for every child reading by the end of the third grade. Participate as a small group by reading at the same school.
- Career Life Ministry: Faith based classroom environment teaching certified electrical, plumbing, and other trade skills at the Christian Resource Center. Provide meals during classes or sponsor a student.
- Christian Compassion Center: The Christian Compassion Center (C3) collects merchandise for distribution to Austin citizens in need, free of charge, through associated faith-based organizations in the city. Located at the Christian Resource Center. Pack and sort donations with your small group.
- Drive A Senior Northwest: Offers free transportation and other support services for senior adults to live independently in their own homes. A partner ministry of the Christian Resource Center. Small groups can serve together at Senior Day Out (SDO) luncheons.
- Faith Home Restoration: Christian home providing a safe environment and community for women that desire to walk through the restoration process with God. A partner ministry of the Christian Resource Center. Small groups are needed for landscaping and home improvement projects (painting, etc.).
- Food Drives (May, November events): Twice a year, HCBC holds food drives benefitting our family of ministries, including the Austin Diaper Bank, Leander ISD / Round Rock ISD Weekend Food Programs, Food Pantries, Mission Possible, and Pregnancy Resource Centers. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Life Bridge Job Corps: Faith-based job readiness and life skills training for adults including computer skills, ESL and GED prep. A ministry of the Christian Resource Center. Provide meals during classes or sponsor a student.
- Nineveh Ministries: Youth development & mentoring for juveniles incarcerated or formerly incarcerated. Located at the Christian Resource Center. Provide meals for the Thursday night gathering.
- Reveal Resource Center: Food & clothing pantry serving homeless/low-income individuals at the Christian Resource Center. Serve with your small group on distribution days or commit to grocery pickups as a group.
- Apartment Life CARES teams: Serve as CARES Team Partners and volunteer alongside an apartment ministry team (the CARES team) at least once per month, and consistently as prayer partners.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network: Hill Country Bible Church partners with Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that exists to bring hope into crisis. ADRN’s network enables church members to organize, prepare, mobilize and respond quickly in the event of a disaster, large or small.
- Bags of Grace: A ministry that assembles and distributes gallon size zipper bags containing water, non-perishable food and other basic items for our homeless community, Church Under the Bridge, and others in need.
- Engage: A non-partisan ministry team to encourage believers in Christ to engage! more in the civic arena; to intentionally educate, encourage and engage believers to take Christ into civic activities to serve our community, state and country. Small groups can serve together by passing out voter registration materials during election seasons.
- Foster & Adopt Ministry: Sponsor a foster / adopt family as a small group, providing meals or ‘party in a box’ items to celebrate new placements, birthdays, etc.
- Get Up Project / HOPE Medical Clinic: Medical & dental service for homeless/under-resourced individuals in East Austin. Small groups can serve by donating items and lifting Get Up Project and the communities it serves in prayer.
- GO Camp Nikos (August event): If you want to grow in your confidence when communicating the gospel to children, GO Camp Nikos could be perfect for you. Volunteer together during summer camp.
- Mission: Possible! Austin: Big Fish Club and Restoration Art Center serve children and families in East Austin and Pflugerville. Church Under the Bridge exists to connect the Body of Christ across the greater Austin area with individuals in under-resourced areas for personal transformation through life-on-life relationships. Volunteer together at club meetings.
- Revival Foster Mentoring Ministry: Mentor children, teens, and young mothers in foster care. Small groups can serve together at Texas Baptist Children’s Home and Austin Children’s Shelter.
- Round Rock Area Serving Center: Food & clothing pantry serving homeless/low-income individuals in Round Rock. Serve together at the food and clothing pantry.
- Tree of Lights (the 3 Sundays following Thanksgiving): Annual giving program to provide gifts for children supported through our partnering agencies and local families in need. Select a tag off of one of the Christmas trees to purchase a gift. Details posted on hcbc.com/events page.
- Wilderness Ridge Camp at Forest Glen: An independent, non-denominational, low-cost Christian camp for boys. Small groups can serve retreat groups through meal preparations and serving, helping with activities or weekend work projects.
- YoungLives of NW Austin: Offers emotional and spiritual support for teen moms through mentoring relationships. Also provides behind the scenes support and encouragement to college leaders working in this ministry. Provide a meal for a monthly club meeting.